What is Stephen Ministry?
The Stephen Ministry is a confidential, lay-caring ministry grounded in Jesus' command to love one another. Those who are hurting receive love and support through one-to-one caring relationships. The ministry is named after Stephen, one of the first deacons in the early Christian church, commissioned by the apostles to care for the needs of people in the Christian community.
Is life more than you can handle alone right now? Is your health, your attitude, or your relationships suffering? Are you adjusting to a new job, change in marital status, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, or a recent move? Would you like to have someone in your life that really cares?
Reach out to Church of the Master Stephen Leaders who will help you find care and help through a Stephen Minister:
Judy Flippo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Shaw, email@example.com
Read more about Stephen Ministry:
What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister...
Is a child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
Is a caring, Christian friend who takes the time to really listen.
Is a lay Christian selected, trained, and supervised by Stephen Leaders to provide effective Christian care.
Makes a commitment including 50 hours of training, ongoing supervisory meetings, and an average of one 1-hour visit per week with the person receiving care.
Recognizes this as a confidential ministry.
What are the needs with which Stephen Ministry can help?
Family frustrations and challenges
Families of the chronically ill
Loss of a loved one
Separation or divorce
Having a newborn
A low self-esteem
Loss of a job
Struggling with faith in God
Facing life changes
Miscarriage and Infertility
How can I refer someone to Stephen Ministry?
1. Identify someone who is hurting and in need of Christian care (you, a friend, or a relative).
2. You, a friend, a relative, or a pastor contacts Stephen Ministry about this need.
3. The Referral Coordinators will meet with this person to talk about Stephen Ministry.
4. With their permission, the Referral Coordinators assign a Stephen Minister to meet on a weekly basis with the care receiver.
5. The Stephen Minister provides distinctively Christian and strictly confidential care.
A Stephen Minister is NOT...
A counselor or therapist
A casual visitor
Visit the Stephen Ministries Website